Renew Your Application
This is a Renewable Scholarship, but you must file a Renewal Application by the deadline in order to receive your award for the next academic year. Renewal is not automatic*. Both parents and students should note that complete applications must be submitted by March 25, 2013.
- File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on-line, which is available at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. Online filing is faster and more accurate. This is the time to resolve any problems with your PIN numbers, as it can take some time to fix any errors. You can complete your FAFSA using estimated figures if you have yet to file your taxes.
- Review the directions for completing the 2013-2014 Renewal Application on the website. The application will be posted by January 25, 2013. You will be able to complete and submit the application on line this year!
FEBRUARY TO MARCH 2013
- With your PIN and Social Security number, access and save to your computer as a pdf documnet your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA website. On our website’s Current Students page, refer to FAFSA Information for instructions on accessing your SAR, and view the sample SAR to be sure you have the right document.
- Using the financial aid award letter or on-line financial aid history information from your college portal for the CURRENT year (2012-2013) and the SAR, complete the financial portion of the renewal application. It may be helpful to download your online billing/financial aid history from the college as you work through this section.
- Complete the Renewal Application and submit it by March 25, 2013. If you cannot save the SAR, financial aid information or transcript as pdf files to upload with the application, you have several options. You can scan them and save them as pdf files to attach, or you can photograph them with a smart phone, email them to yourself, and save them in jpg or pdf format to upload.
Early applications are gratefully received, as we will be processing about 400 Renewal Applications. In the past, when we have had additional money to distribute to renewals, early applicants with high need were the ones who have benefited.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS TODAY!
January 25 the application will be posted on the website.
March 25 is the latest date to submit your application.
*In reviewing applications, we consider the following in deciding award eligibility and the amount of the award:
- Financial need according to your award package and EFC
- Student work and parent and student loans – while we attempt to reduce the financial burden for students, it is expected that a certain amount of student and parent debt, where possible, will be assumed. We expect students to work during the summer and school year; students must explain any circumstances that prevent their working.
- Acceptable Academic performance – a GPA over 2.5